Editor’s note: Leeds United beat Blackburn 2-1 on Wednesday night: read how it went down with our quick recap and check back tomorrow for more analysis in our three points. MOT.
Pre-Match Thoughts - No surprise here, as Leeds have made 10 changes from the team who started on Sunday for tonight's game. Stuart Dallas is the only player to retain his place in XI. Hadi Sacko starts tonight for the first time since his return from injury. Sacko’s pace and creativity could make the difference against a poor Blackburn defence. I fancy another away win for the Whites, but it might not be as straight forward as we think. 1-0 Leeds.
- We are underway COME ON LEEDS!!
- Blackburn starting the game on the front foot and have the ball in the net but Green was clearly fouled in the build-up and the goal is disallowed. 0-0, 4 mins
- 10 minutes gone at Ewood Park and the game is end to end as both teams are looking positive. However, Blackburn is leaving space at the back; hopefully, Sacko, Dallas and Roofe can take advantage. 0-0.
- Wood with a free kick that is just wide... very, very close, unlucky from the big Kiwi. 0-0, 22 mins.
- Leeds playing better football as we creep towards the 30-minute mark, but Blackburn look threatening on the break. 0-0, 27 mins.
- A very open game but nothing happening as we reach the 33-minute mark. 0-0.
- Roofe with a half chance, fantastic pass cross field from Berardi to Ayling who crosses towards Roofe, whose header is wide. 0-0 on 34 mins.
- Decent cross from Dallas towards Wood but Steele intercepts easily. 0-0, 40 mins
- Game becoming a little scrappy as we approach half time. Not the greatest game in the world to be honest. 0-0, 44 mins.
Half-time: Leeds United 0-0 Blackburn Rovers
Half-time Thoughts - Similar to the first half that we had last Wednesday against Forest... Leeds looking decent in possession but haven’t created anything of any real threat. Maybe a change after the break could make a difference, but Leeds need to stamp their authority on the game: come out strong in the second half and take the points.
HT: Blackburn 0 - Leeds 0. Not the best half, but no goals conceded, as has been Monk’s game plan for away games throughout 2016/17. pic.twitter.com/kxRQpNWtty— Through It All LIVE (@ThruItAllLIVE) February 1, 2017
- Change at half time for Leeds - Hernandez on, Sacko off.
- Second half is underway at Ewood Park.
- Blackburn have started the second half as the better side, Leeds struggling to get going as we approach the 50 minute mark. Still 0-0 though!
- Jansson has showed why he makes the difference in the back 4, he has been solid all game. 0-0, 55 mins.
- The attendance tonight is 17,026, 6,042 of which are the Leeds faithful.
- Leeds looking very shaky as we pass the hour mark, Blackburn in the ascendancy. 0-0 59 mins in.
- Leeds make their second change - Doukara on, Roofe off (maybe a repeat of last week?)
- Chance for Leeds - Hernandez crosses and Dallas heads wide. 0-0, 63 mins.
- Chance for Blackburn - Gallagher shoots from a long way out, but it goes wildly over the bar. 0-0, 63 mins.
GOOOOOOOALLLL- Dallas scores with Leeds’ first attempt on target, a brilliant ball by Bridcutt, Dallas controls and slams a low shot into the bottom corner, COME ON LEEDS!! 1-0 LEEDS, 74 mins.
- Leeds third change - O’Kane off, Vieira on. 1-0 Leeds, 78 mins.
- Two Blackburn changes - Lowe and Feeney come off, Conway and Joao on. 1-0 Leeds, 79 mins.
- Goal for Blackburn - Elliot Bennett scores from a stupid distance, poor goal to concede at this stage. 1-1, 83 mins.
Still enjoying Leeds going 1-0 up and Blackburn somehow scrap an equaliser for their sparse fans behind the goal Come on Leeds! pic.twitter.com/EuvxMEbCzc— John (@John_MooreMOT) February 1, 2017
- Chance for Blackburn - Joao should do better 10 yards from goal but shoots over. Phew!! 1-1, 86 mins.
GOOOOOOOOOOOALLLL - Pontus Jansson scores from a corner, Hernandez with a wonderful deliery and Jansson powers into the back of the net. WHAT A HEADER!! 2-1 LEEDS, 88 mins.
- Three minutes of added time to play.
Full-time score: Leeds United 2-1 Blackburn Rovers
Full-time Thoughts - Good teams win even when they have a poor game. The game has been rubbish but Leeds win again and we are now just 1 point behind Reading. Leeds showed the grit and determination tonight of a real top side. 3 points for Leeds once again. MOT.