Pre-match Thoughts: Kyle Bartley is the only absentee, as he hasn’t recovered from the Beckford Karate Kick. Leeds are set-up the same: 4-2-3-1 with Doukara keeping his place in the starting XI. I would take a point tonight. Aston Villa are undefeated at home and, with a home game against Rotherham to come on Tuesday, a draw wouldn’t be the worst thing. However, if we do win we will climb to 3rd in the EFL Championship table. COME ON LEEDS!
· Phillips’ mistaken pass nearly lets Kodjia in - good recovery by Jansson.
· Aston Villa having the better of the first few minutes. Kodjia has already forced a save by Green from 25 yards out.
· Tight game as we all expected, no real quality from either side.
· Chester with the first real chance of the game. After the corner isn't cleared, the ball is put back in and Chester's header is wide.
· Aston Villa still having more of the ball. However, Garry Monk and the players will be pleased with how the first quarter has gone.
· Half time 0-0. Leeds will be happy, no real attacking threat from either side. Both sides still figuring each other out.
HALF-TIME Thoughts: A very tight game as we expected. Villa are seeing more of the ball without really breaking down the Leeds defence. Best chance of the half fell to Chester but he couldn’t covert his header. I think Leeds will be the happier as we go into the second half.
· Ross McCormack crosses from the right towards Kodjia but Green steps up with an important hand to push the ball away. McCormack looking dangerous.
· GOALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL Pontus Jansson with the header from a corner, which somehow creeps in past Bunn.
· Leeds in the ascendancy, Villa are stunned and Leeds are piling on the pressure. Wonderful away display from the lads.
· Yellow Card for Bridcutt for a foul after Villa were attacking on the counter.
· Phillips with a chance, which he drags wide.
· Ayew with a shot which he drags wide after some good work by McCormack.
· Handball by Cooper, Penalty to Aston Villa.
· Kodjia with the goal from the spot for Villa. 1-1, 5 minutes of normal time to play.
· Sacko nicks the ball from the defender and should score but his shot cannons off the bar.
· Green with a big save again. Green has been brilliant tonight - and he's on TV.
Final Whistle Thoughts: A very good away performance by the Lads tonight. We had a better second half, played some lovely football and were the stronger side overall. Sacko and Green both played well, while Jansson was solid as always. His ability to peel off his man and find the net deserves a lot of credit.
The last game of year has shown the quality we have in the side and as we celebrate the new year, hopefully 2017 will be a year to remember for the mighty Whites. More from the TIAT office tomorrow. MOT.